Monday, November 8, 2010

The Smoky Mountains

Here we are at the Smoky Mountains. I have always heard about them in Country songs but never thought I would be able to see them with my own eyes. Very beautiful.

Cute family picture by this pretty little pond outside of Cades Cove.
He is preparing to skip rocks. He is in the "ZONE."
Miss Cheezer herself. If there is a camera snapping, she is all about being in the picture with the biggest grin you have ever seen.
These two really love each other. Vaughn and I lucked out with our kids. They hardly fight, they love each other so much that when the other is gone it is a sad time until they reunite. I am so grateful that they want to play and be with each other.
Look at this picture perfect scenery. It is just breathtaking, and it looks like home....
The trees were acorn trees. Everywhere we walked, the kids were bending down to pick up acorns. Tyson's pockets were full of them. And Taryn kept trying to call a squirrel over to her to feed it.
The first thing we did when we got to the Smoky Mountains was eat! I mean, who can walk around these vast and beautiful mountains on an empty stomach. So we BBQ it up and cooked some hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and drinks.
Then it was off to drive the Cades Cove loop. I heard it was pretty awesome and had some of the best views in the mountains. What do you think?
An original log house off in the distance.
Smiley me, loving the trip.
And then there was Vaughn..........poor guy was sick the entire time we were there. He slept through most of it. So I took over the driver's seat and not only drove the whole way but I took the pictures and ran the video camera. You could say I am multi-talented. HA
This is just beautiful. I was taken away by all the trees and colors and just the shear beauty of it all.There are the mountains. They aren't as big as the Rockies but they are still mountains and after not seeing those in 2 years, living in Michigan, it was so nice to see.
I love red leaves. I think they are magical.
Another original cabin.
I love how the light shines through the trees.
We tuckered out the little munchkin. Love it! This is exactly what I love about trips. The sleep on the ride home.
The last beauty shot of the day. We stopped off on the side of the road to see these amazing little waterfalls. It was a great day and I loved every minute of it, and being with our friends the Kabonics made it that much better. They left the day after we went to the Smokys. It was such a wonderful, fast paced weekend. I wish it would have lasted longer, but Wendy and I decided that we need to have yearly family vacations with both families. Yippie! Can't wait to see where we go next year.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Beautiful scenery. The Smokies are great!